Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 30, 2022 at 6:24 am

Sunday, January 30, 2022

What are you doing here?

My answer to yesterday’s question, “Where are You,” pretty much answered the question “What are you doing here?” JD and I are very much alike in this regard. I too have given up on government, the Democrats or the Republicans, and for that matter the institutional Church in general, to solve the problems of our Country and the World. God’s Truth, Jesus Christ, is the only thing that will fix our Country and the World we live in today. It was true in Elijah’s day and it is still true today.

Jesus is the Truth, the Way, and the Life (John 14:6). We don’t need better politicians or better churches. We need better Disciples and that’s what I am doing here in the time I have remaining. I am focused on making and growing better Disciples of Jesus Christ. That is my Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and that is why I am here. Having said all that, I will definitely be voting Republican as I believe every Christian should, because their ideology, core values, and public policies come the closest to mirroring the Truth and the Way.

What I am doing here focuses on “learning day by day the difference between being in the world “for Christ” and being “in Christ” for the world.” Being in and Abiding in Christ is the only way to make a difference in yourself, our churches, our communities, our country, and the World. Being in Christ is to have such a loving union with God that your life is hidden in Christ (Colossians 3:1-3). I have died and I no longer think only of myself or my legacy. My legacy is found in knowing and making Him known. It is found in a profound love of God and a profound love of others. Lord let it be so with me!