Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 31, 2022 at 5:55 am

Monday, January 31, 2022

What do I want Jesus to do for me?

That is a profound and important question. I know where I am and what I am doing here. I don’t want more of what I already have nor do I seek a higher calling or a more elevated position in the Kingdom. I have been there and done that and I have the scars to prove the futility of that. What is it I desire above all else.

At first, I thought that peace and contentment were what I wanted since I tend to always be striving for more. Then I thought that I would ask for patience and forbearance since I have so little of both. Then I thought about our text and blind Bartimaeus’s request to see. That is really what I want from Jesus. I want Him to help me see Him more clearly, so that I can follow Him more nearly. I want Him to give me His eyes to view others and the World, so I can love more profoundly. I want to be fully awake, eyes wide open, so that I can be fully alive and serve Him more fully. Lord Jesus open my eyes so that I can see. “Awake sleeper, and arise from the dead, and………..”