Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 2, 2022 at 6:06 am

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

First, I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Therefore, I believe I am part of the elect. I definitely do not believe in “double election predestination.” It does not make sense to me nor does it fit into the entire Biblical narrative that God would decide/predestine/elect some to be saved and others for damnation before they are even born. I firmly believe that we are all predestined by God to be children of God and that God’s Will is that none would be lost. Those who respond to His Prevenient Grace are the elect that Peter is addressing.

Secondly, I strongly believe that we should read individual verses in the Bible through the lens of the whole Bible or what I like to call the full counsel of God. To do otherwise, is to take God’s Word out of context, which is very dangerous. I will warn you however, that this door swings both ways. There are those that will use this way of reading scripture to ignore or reinterpret those verses in the Bible that they find difficult or that make them uncomfortable. They consider these verses as inconsistent with the idea of a loving God and their concept of Grace.

As far as freed Will is concerned, I believe God created us with free Will because if we could not say no, then our yes would be meaningless. We would just be mindless robots programmed (predestined) to choose one path or another. How utterly boring for our creator would that be?