Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 3, 2022 at 6:14 am

Thursday February 3, 2022

For this reason it says, “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you” (Ephesians 5:14). I thought I would begin my reflections on today’s reading by quoting the full verse. My reason for doing this is because JD has succinctly and accurately described our present situation. I will not repeat or try to re-interpret what he has said. I only encourage you to read it over and over again until the message sinks in. It is for the reasons JD illuminates in this reflection that we, the elect, exiles and resident aliens in America, in Georgia, and in Brunswick need to wake up.

I also encourage you to read the entire book of Ephesians. Paul was saying the same thing in the 1st Century. He also gives us a blue print for the awakened to follow in chapters 4-6. We need to heed the words of Paul and change our focus as JD is suggesting, “It is time to sow where we may not fully reap. Nothing is more worthy of your life than this. Let’s go out sowing with all we’ve got for the sake of generations yet unborn to reap.”

This will require some fundamental changes in the way we live individually and collectively as the church. First, we must cast off our false self and our religious false self and form a deeper more loving union with God such that our lives are hidden in Christ (Colossians 3). Then we must let the seeds we sow flow out of that relationship and God’s Word, the Truth and the Way. We must not wait or depend on the organized institutional church, we must all embrace the Great Commission, that Christ has given us to go and make Disciples. Our churches need to be more focused on equipping the Saints, the Elect, the Exiles for this purpose and spend less time catering to the desires of religious consumers for goods and services (Ephesians 4:12).