Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 4, 2022 at 6:36 am

Seedbed Daily Text – Friday, February 4, 2022

I understand the need to know the “big story” in order to connect to our future. We are part of the Family of Abraham and the story of Israel. We have been grafted into the root which is Israel and the Jewish people, who are the chosen people of God. God has not abandoned Israel, He has invited us, non-Jews, into the family of God through Jesus, who was a Jew (Romans 11). This is what Peter is teaching us. I encourage you to watch the Video. It will help you put the current season in context.

Unfortunately, the church does not teach this. The church teaches or at least the church that I know teaches that the church has replaced Israel. The theological term for this is “supersessionism” also called “replacement theology” it asserts that Christians have replaced the Jews as this chosen people of God and that the New Covenant in Jesus has replaced the Old Mosaic Covenant and the Law. This unbiblical division between Jews and Gentiles has been the cause of much misunderstanding and suffering. God led me through a Messianic phase in my spiritual growth that helped me see the big picture and my future. I believe that either before or at Jesus’s Second Coming we will all come back together as one people of God in Christ. Lord let it be so!