Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 6, 2022 at 5:08 am

Seedbed Daily Text – February 6, 2022

I have always distinguished being smart from being intelligent. Being smart is to have walking around (common) sense or street smarts. This kind of knowledge can be more valuable than book knowledge in practice. One can easily get educated beyond their intelligence “Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body” (Ecclesiastes 12:12). Being smart is not a slap against intelligence or book knowledge, it is knowing what you don’t know and knowing what works in the real world. The combination of the two can result in brilliance as in Dr. Luke.

The type of brilliance JD is referring to as evidenced in Peter is truly “another order of intelligence. Brilliance is divine intelligence. It doesn’t come from more education. It comes from exposure to Jesus himself.” I really resonate with the fact that the English word brilliant comes from the French word for shining or sparkling with light or luster. In my work with helping organizations and churches build leadership capacity, I would always tell them to look for those people with the shining eyes rather than the usual suspects. Focus your efforts on equipping and empowering them. In a community of Faith, these are the ones who have been with Jesus. They are smart, humble, and hungry for more. They are brilliant!