Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 7, 2022 at 6:04 am

Seedbed Daily Text – February 7, 2022

I have always thought of the Word of God as being a living word not confined by the words on the page of a particular translation. The Word is spiritually discerned and requires time to be read for revelation and transformation. It requires repetition and both immersion and emersion.

I have been accused of being too theological and too academic, but I have never thought of myself as a theologian. When I read scripture, I am seeking revelation, what is God saying not what am I or someone else thinking it says; What does it mean for me and my world; and what am I going to do about it? I can read the same passage many times and every time I receive fresh or new revelation. The Word builds on itself.

I think the significance of today’s text is that the triune God inspired the written word and it must read, understood, and heeded through the work of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit living in me. The Father says it; the Son reveals and personifies it; and the Holy Spirit gives me understanding and application. How is that for being theological? All of this is just rhetoric and theological talk, if I don’t personify and live it. Lord, order my steps in accordance with your word!