Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 9, 2022 at 6:04 am

Seedbed Daily Text-Wednesday, February 9, 2022

As far as reading the Bible, you would think that familiarity would be a good thing and it is. We read, memorize, and bury scripture in our heart, so it is there when we need it. However, I think I see JD’s point. When we read for revelation, we need to be open to seeing what we have not seen before. We need to read in color.

As I ponder that thought, it occurs to me that we need to be careful that we don’t see what is not there. I hear a lot these days about new revelation, especially when it comes to the hard parts of scripture or when scripture does not line up with the latest cultural movement. I believe God says what He means and the meaning is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

It’s not a new revelation that we seek, but something that is there that we didn’t see before. For me that is usually a new application for me to apply in my life. For example in today’s text, the words “a living hope…shielded by God” jump out at me in living color like never before. We don’t just have a hope to hold. We have a living hope (Jesus) to be lived out and it is shielded by God regardless of my circumstances. To read in color is to have God’s eyes to see what’s been there all along.