Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 26, 2022 at 6:21 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, February 26, 2022

I view God’s love as very inclusive. God’s Will is that all be “saved and to come the knowledge of truth;” that none would suffer the wages of the Law of Sin and Death (1 Timothy 2:4). It is what Wesleyan’s refer to as “prevenient Grace.” It is the Grace of God that goes before us. God loved all of us and chose all of us us before the foundation of the World (Ephesians 1:4-5).

It is entrance into His Kingdom Family and God’s special possession, the Church that Jesus Christ is building, that is very exclusive. There is only one gate and only one way to enter and that is through Jesus Christ and the way of the Cross. That’s the Truth that people find so hard to accept.

I am always asked, well what about all those people of other faith perspectives that are just as faithful to their beliefs as I am to mine? Surely, God won’t exclude them will He? My standard response is that the answer to that question is not mine to answer, but as for me and my family we have chosen to serve the one God, Father of us all. Then I invite them to just read the Holy Bible and then get back to me.

Actually that question is answered mostly plainly for me in one of the most inclusive and well known verses in the Bible, John 3:16, but you have to read the whole Truth not just the inclusive part in verse sixteen. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (NASB). This why I don’t judge others or try to answer this question.