Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 27, 2022 at 6:13 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, February 27, 2022

I feel a deep sense of helplessness this morning regarding the terrible situation in Ukraine. I can’t believe this is happening again. The World, for the most part, is sitting by watching a maniacal dictator attack a sovereign democratic country. We have not seen anything like this in Europe since Hitler invaded Poland. As one victim of the bombing lamented, the only thing we are learning is that we don’t learn from history. And as the old dictum states, those that don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I struggle with what my response should be other than angry rhetoric and second guessing the actions or inaction of our President and other World leaders. I can’t go grab my AR-15 and help the Ukrainians defend their country (I started to say something about Second Amendment rights, but now is not the time for that). In today’s Daily Text and Reflections, JD has reminded us that we are not helpless. We worship the God of the Universe and we are a Global Movement. We can pray, but it has to be more than the obligatory two minutes of silence or some last resort plea for relief.

I think JD hit the nail on the head when he said, “Prayer is not something we initiate…Prayer is getting low to the ground and cultivating receptivity.” What is God saying to us about Himself and the World we live in through this horrific event we are witnessing once again? I wonder how many of our churches will be focused on that question this morning?

What I hear Him saying is wake up sleeper, arise from the dead, and ….. God is preparing to do something. Is it another great awakening or something more? Are we praying with expectation and cultivating receptivity? Are we ready and willing to receive it?