Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 28, 2022 at 6:22 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, February 28, 2022

I believe that we are always battling the evil forces of the kingdom of darkness, but in times of War we see the depths of this depravity more visibly. War is the ultimate expression of the evil in the World. It is also a wake up call for the Church.

The implications for the Church from today’s reading, would seem to be, to put on our spiritual armor and directly engage the enemy with Sword of the Spirit through The power of prayer. I am not exactly sure how we do this, but one thing I think we can do is name it. The evil forces of the kingdom of darkness behind war have image bearers and agents of evil on earth just like the Kingdom of God does. The agents of evil in the World today are the leaders of Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea. They are, as someone recently put it, the new axis of evil. Pray specifically that God would strike them down.

The larger implication may be for us as the image bearers and agents for the transcendent God of the Universe. What are we doing to get ready for what God is doing in the World. Are we suited up and ready to engage the enemy in the way He wants us to fight. That’s my prayer this morning. Show me what it is you would have me do Lord and I will do it.