Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 1, 2022 at 6:20 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 1, 2022

I received mercy long ago when I was at the end of my rope, but my “providential awakening” to my need for God came much latter. I spent a lot of time in the beginning, and I still do sometimes, trying to function on my own and to understand God theoretically (intellectually). I usually called on Him after the fact.

That worked for a while, but slowly I experientially began to realize in my heart, the core of my being, that I really can’t understand Him theoretically or function without Him. God’s Spirit is the air in my lungs; the wind that fills my sails; and the core of my being (identity) and my doing (ministry). I no longer judge others because I am very aware that there, but for the Grace and Mercy of God go I.

Now I have a deeper love for God and a greater compassion for humanity than before. I am not there yet, but I moving forward at a greater pace. I no longer view the Church as an institution or just the people gathered together on Sunday in a building somewhere, although the people Peter is addressing are there as well. The People that Peter is addressing are the ones who have received mercy and are dedicated to helping others receive mercy for the sake of Jesus Christ their Lord. Everywhere these people go and every time two or more of them gather you have the Church that Jesus is building, and one day soon He will come and take them home to be with Him and all the Saints who have gone before them. Lord, I want to be in that number!