Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 2, 2022 at 6:06 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 2, 2022

We keep returning to a common theme of the life of a Christ follower, the futility of the behavior management approach to sin. JD says any apostle/disciple worth his or her salt knows this. He says the “Attention Deficit Disorders” of the inner life, our soul, are our Affections, Dispositions and Desires. If you think about it these really are the root causes of our behavior good and bad.

Our text says abstain from the bad and live good lives among the pagans in order to glorify God. In order to do that we have to address the root causes, a popular saying these days, of our behavior. Sounds simple enough. I will just change my affections, dispositions, and desires and that will change my behavior. The problem is we can’t do that either. Taking JD’s analogy a step further, our ADD are deep seated and we suffer from ADHD commonality referred to as the inability to pay attention, distractibility, a poor working memory, and hyper activity in children.

I don’t know if this is where JD is going with this, but for me it’s a matter of ceasing our striving, growing up, paying attention, focusing on Jesus, and remembering what He has done and what He has told us to do. If we do that, He will change our affections, dispositions, and the desires of our heart, which will change our behavior. Lord let it be so with me!