Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 7, 2022 at 6:31 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 7, 2022

“The best way to answer questions raised by the Word of God is to delve deeper into the Word of God.” Letting Scripture answer Scripture is definitely the pathway to greater understanding and application. It is not a matter of finding common ground between what you think and I think. It is a matter of searching the Word and listening to the Holy Spirit and finding what sounds good to us and the Holy Spirit (Acts 15:28).

It seems that is what JD is doing this morning by quoting the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel 3:13-28. What I get out of this story is that we should remain faithful to God not men regardless of the consequences. Even more importantly is that there was a fourth man in the fire with them. That man was Jesus who taught us “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:10). Peter echoes these same sentiments in 1 Peter 3:17, “For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.” For me it’s a matter of doing what is right in God’s sight. If we do that, He will always be with us even in death.