Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 13, 2022 at 5:49 am

Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Seedbed Daily Text
    Have you tended to see the church existing for the sake of individuals and families or the other way around? Actually, my experience with most churches today is that they exist for the organization. They are internally focused and care more about being the best church in the community versus being the best church for the community. It is not that they don’t care about individuals or the Church/Kingdom of God on Earth as it is in Heaven that Jesus is building. They just care more about perpetuating and preserving the organization and all it machinations than they do the people or the mission. Just look at where all the time and money is spent.
    They would argue that the organization (building, budgets, and bureaucracy), the weekly worship service, and all the other church programs and activities exist for the people and the mission. The problem with that is that the current form of the church does not serve the function of the church. If it did, we would be making more Disciples for the transformation of the World. In my view, we need to radically change the current form to better fit the function, but that is a discussion for another day.
    As far as the order of things is concerned, I live it as God, Kingdom, family, church, community, and country. I believe if we really put God/Jesus and the Kingdom of God first, then everything else would fall into place (Matthew 6:33). This seems like a harsh assessment of today’s church, but I think Jesus would say the same thing. What do you think?