Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 15, 2022 at 6:28 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 15, 2022

The idea that evil is not the problem does ring true to me. Evil is a reality of the World we live in. It is all around us prowling around like a Lion looking for its prey (1 Peter 5:8). We can face evil and wink because we have a good Shepherd, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4).

The Shepherd’s rod does two things. First, it is used to protect the Sheep. Secondly, it is used to comfort and guide the sheep. Sheep without a good shepherd are vulnerable to evil and they are prone to wander. With Jesus as our Shepherd, we have nothing to fear, not even death, because He is the Good Shepherd and He is willing to lay down His life for His sheep. This is the perfect love that casts out all fear (1 John 4:18). Jesus knows His sheep and they know Him (John 10:14). The issue is not evil. The issue is do you know Him and are you part of His flock?

I can honestly say that I carry no fear, but I am concerned that my confidence and hope in Jesus has not been really tested. That is why I want to know Him even more deeply, and make Him known by others, so that when that day comes we will be ready and we will respond in a way that glorifies Him. Lord, I want to die well.