Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 18, 2022 at 6:28 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 18, 2022

I follow what JD is saying, but I have always combined Jesus’s death, resurrection, and ascension as one event with all of the parts being of equal importance. His death was my atonement for sins past, present, and future. His resurrection is my hope that this life is not all there is. His ascension assures my future and His return will be the fulfillment of it all.

The part of today’s text that I don’t track with is JD’s interpretation of verse 22. I have a hard time conceiving of Heaven as a real physical place and of God as being a physical person made of human flesh (An old white guy with a beard). I believe God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is a spiritual being who became flesh, died on the cross, descended into Hell, and ascended into Heaven, which is the spiritual realm of God and where I will go to be with Him if I die before He returns (John 4:24). I believe that God the Father has given all authority in Heaven and on earth to God the Son (Matthew 28:18). For now He reigns in Heaven as the sovereign King of all. He reigns on Earth as the Head of the Church He is building and through us by the power of the Holy Spirit, but one day soon He will come again and rule on earth as a real physical being in His glorified body along with all the Saints who have gone before and with those who remain and are in Him on earth at His second coming (that’s my long sentence). I look forward to JD building a case for his viewpoint.