Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 21, 2022 at 5:48 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 21, 2022

Jesus is a real person in a real place. He is not invisible, but for now He is unseen except through the presence of the Holy Spirit and others. There will come a day when all will see Him (Revelation 1:7) and every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Him as Lord (Philippians 2:9-10). These things I believe because the Word says so.

As I said before, I have never seen the real bodily Jesus, but I have experienced Him in many ways. I have heard His Spirit, which lives in me speak. Sometimes it’s a whisper and sometimes it is a shout. I have felt my heart strangely warmed and have been overcome by His presence. I have seen Him in the person of others who have the same cruciform love and compassion for me that He has.

I am not sure where JD is going with this line of thought, but I know this. I want to become more like Him for the sake of others. I want people to see the Jesus in me and not the self referenced, self centered, self absorbed person that I have created. I want to die to my false self and be resurrected with Christ to my true self, the self I was created by God to be. I want to be transformed and have the life I live now hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3).

The important question for me, is how do I get there. We know the way. It is not hidden. God has made known to us all that we need to know and we are without excuse (Romans 1:20). We must both know and fear (respect) Him. We do that through repentance, confession, surrender and submission, and releasing the Holy Spirit within us to do the work of transformation. Lord let it be so with me!