Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 22, 2022 at 6:22 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 22, 2022

I can’t use words as colorfully as JD, but I have always thought of Doctrine as the nonnegotiable beliefs that define our faith. Doctrine flows directly from Scripture and is unchanging as is Scripture. As JD says, Doctrine helps us understand and interpret our experience, but it can’t be a substitute for experience and our experience can not change Doctrine.

The modern church has substituted experience, human choice, and secular relativism for Doctrine. The traditional, timeless doctrines of Scripture no longer fit their false religious self and the idol in the box that they have created, so they either ignore our Doctrines or they change them in the name of tolerance and progressive revelation. They no longer fear God and they no longer believe in absolute truth. They have done this at their own peril and are suffering the consequences as I speak.

As far as experiencing Doctrine, especially the Doctrine of Atonement is concerned, my answer Is definitely a yes. One of the greatest joys of my salvation is accepting my at oneness with God and living accordingly and in response to this Doctrine.