Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 27, 2022 at 6:09 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 27, 2022

I believe God’s Judgment is real, but I believe it has already occurred. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:16-18, NASB). Those who believe in Him have been pardoned those that don’t have been judged and found guilty.

There will also be a final judgment, The Great White Throne Judgment at the end of the thousand year reign of Christ and before the New Heaven and the New Earth (Revelation 20:11-15). The standard for judgment is the same. Those whose names are recorded in the Lambs Book of life, those who have believed and received eternal life, are once again spared judgment. Those who believe in and have accepted Christ have “eternal security,” their salvation and pardon is secure. Those who reject Christ do not have eternal security or eternal life and they will be judged according to their deeds.

So my answers to JD’s questions are yes. Yes I am prepared for God’s Judgment and Yes I have received my pardon and I know my name is written in the Lambs Book of life. However, I will still have to give an account for what I did with my salvation and my freedom from the Law of Sin and Death. I believe all believers will come before the Judgment Seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10) to give an account for our lives in Christ. We will be judged by the standards of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I won’t try to give a full list of those standards here, but they are they are the “words written in red.” They can be summarized by the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.