Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 28, 2022 at 6:22 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, March 28, 2022

I am definitely not in the apathetic and indifferent camp. I am fully awake and very alert to what is happening all around me. I call this situational awareness. Because I know the apocalyptic scriptures and I have studied eschatology, I relate all that is happening in my world to the Biblical narrative. I am not overly anxious about this because my hope is in Jesus and Jesus Wins. So, I guess this puts me in the eschatological hope camp.

However, when I see signs of the end times come to pass, I sit up and pay attention. The end of the Age is nearer than it was. The situation in Europe and America, Russia’s take over of Crimea in 2014, and Putin’s horrific invasion of Ukraine that is currently unfolding, should be a major wake up call for all who are awake and sober.

My response is not panic or fear. Nor is it to generate a new program or activity or another vain attempt to revitalize our churches out of a renewed sense of “religious urgency.” My response is to first make sure that I am ready. That my lamp is full of oil and that my wick is trimmed so that my light can shine the light of Christ into the darkness for the sake of others. That I am listening to Holy Spirit and following my Commander in Chief’s orders on a daily basis.

I do have a fourth response, a keen sense of urgency for deep discipleship. To make Him known more fully while it is still day. The World doesn’t need better churches. The World needs better Disciples of Jesus Christ. Again my response is not to create something new, but to restore and reclaim what we have lost. To seize the “Apostolic Genius” of the early church and the Methodist Movement, making Disciples the way Jesus did through banded discipleship. Wake up sleeper, rise from the dead, and…….!