Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 1, 2022 at 5:55 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 1, 2022

Well I think JD should get an A+ for addressing the purpose or desired outcome for verse seven, which is prayer. Time will not allow me to add much to what he said today or what we discussed yesterday, but I hope he will revise and repeat his Seedbed Daily Text Study of Prayer in the near future.

The big take away for me from his reflections today is that prayer is abiding. It is amazing to me that we have such low expectations for prayer. We offer Intercessory prayers for rain or healing and then go out into the World without an umbrella. We also listen to God through contemplative prayer and then we don’t respond to what He tells us. Abiding prayer is expectant and obedient prayer.

I also love the way he closes his reflection today, “This is how Jesus saves the World. He calls us to join Him. There is an urgency without anxiety; a power without striving.” Abiding prayer is how we change our World today. Won’t you join me in praying expectantly and abidingly for our families, our church, our community, our country, and for the World.