Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 4, 2022 at 6:11 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 4, 2022

A Doctrine of Love. We have addressed the what (1 Corinthians 13) and the why (1 Peter 4:8, 1 John 4:7-8), but now we are headed to the how. The ultimate expression of our faith is a profound love of God and a profound love of others. It is what we should desire the most, above all else, but as I have shared many times here, we don’t. We seem to be willing to settle for salvation love rather than pressing on to “Sola Sancta Caritas,” Only Holy Love.

I don’t know where JD is taking our bus, but it occurs to me that the how of Only Holy Love has something to do with sanctification and becoming Holy as He is Holy. This is not something we can do. It is something that is done to us by the Holy Spirit through surrender and submission to Christ as Lord of our Life not merely as Savior of our life. It is the last stop on the spiritual bus route before the Holy Love of God. Some of us are stuck here, I know that I am. If you don’t know what I am talking about you are probably stuck back at Stop 6 or 7 (see Barna’s Ten Transformational Stops).

So how do we get unstuck and move forward on our journey to a loving union with God that manifest itself in a doctrine of Holy Love. I don’t know what JD is going to say, but the only thing I can come up with right now is that we do it one day at a time. We repent of those things that hold us back and try not to repeat them. If we do, and we will, we confess them and keep pressing forward toward the glorious prize that is in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14).