Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 6, 2022 at 5:53 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 6, 2022

I appreciate the need to refer to the original Greek words when trying to fully understand the English translation of Scripture, but I am not into trying to speak Greek or secret sign languages, no offense to JD. The first thing that is clear to me from today’s reflections and our previous discussions is that God is Love. That is His Divine nature not ours. The love we commonly think of and practice is not God’s love and does not cover a multitude of sins. God’s love and divine nature is sacrificial and all those other qualities we read about in 1 Corinthians 13. He gave His life for us, there is no greater form of love than this (John 15:13).

The second thing that jumps out at me is that we have everything we need to participate in the divine nature of God. Our all powerful God has given this power and authority to us in the person of Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. This is as JD says, the miracle. “As we abide together in Jesus Messiah, through the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, we partake of and participate in the very nature and essence of God—which is love.” So we can love like God, but we often don’t and that is what the second part of the Gospel and becoming like Christ for the sake of others is all about.