Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 7, 2022 at 6:22 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 7, 2022

I have never heard of “Grace Gifts” until today. I have always considered the gifts we receive from God to be “Spiritual Gifts” given by the Holy Spirit to whom He chooses (1 Corinthians 12). These “divine capacities” or supernatural abilities are divinely matched up with our natural abilities and talents for the purpose of building up the Body of Christ and the equipping of the Saints for the work of service (Ephesians 4:11-12). Therefore, I believe that they are functional abilities. I guess I need to read the Daily Text Series on this topic.

I have a clear sense of the spiritual abilities I have been given because I have experienced them in the practice of service to others. I also understand the transcendent or supernatural nature of these abilities. For example, I believe I have the gift of exhortation and teaching or shepherding. I have experienced operating or functioning with these gifts in my own ability and in the Spirit and there is a big difference noticeable not only to me but to others. It is not something I control and it is definitely beyond my capacity. I have likened it to an out of body experience when it occurs. It usually occurs when I have reached the end of my rope (abilities) and when I surrender and submit myself to Him, and it is always for His Glory not mine.

I also believe that we are dispensers and stewards of God’s Grace. This is what I believe Peter is talking about and may be where JD is coming from in his reflections. We are to extend to others the same Love, Grace, Mercy, and Forgiveness that we have received from God through Jesus Christ. This comes or functions in the form of the service and hospitality we offer to one another, “without grumbling.” It is done out of profound compassion and love for humanity. Lord let it be so with me!