Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 9, 2022 at 7:23 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 9, 2022

I find it very tempting to meddle with people in the unbelieving culture, but I try hard not to. I consider them to be lost and already judged because of their unbelief (John 3:18), so they don’t need meddling or judgment from me, that is really above my pay grade, and God has already taken care of that. Nor do they need me to be a little Holy Spirit for them and to try to fix them. They just need love, kindness, and mercy from me. They are the ones we should be reaching out to with radical love and compassion and not judgment and condemnation.

The challenge is to do this in a way that does not condone or affirm the prevailing culture or their lifestyle. JD said it well when he said, we are to live “in such uncompromising holiness and supernatural righteousness that it inspires awe and hunger for God.” This is definitely what saved me. It was not hell fire and damnation preaching or judgment of my looks or behavior that won me to Christ. It was love and acceptance. It was the visible evidence (witness) that they had a joy and a peace that I did not have.

I reserve my meddling for the organized church and nominal Christians who have beliefs and lifestyles that align with and affirm the prevailing evil and dark culture. We are responsible for calling out sin in the Body of Christ and as Shepherds we have to protect the sheep from false teaching by proclaiming the Word, which is full of both Grace and Truth (John 1:14). We are to do this with the same love and gentleness we show to those outside the Body of Christ, but we can’t do this by affirming or accommodating the culture or by changing the traditional values and doctrines of our faith. These are the foundations and rocks of our faith that I stand on and that I am willing to suffer persecution and to die for.