Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 15, 2022 at 6:07 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 15, 2022

I thought “swing thought” #3 was going to be about resisting Satan, which is an important practice in my view. However, JD is right, the best way to resist Satan is to draw closer to the faith that the Holy Spirit is building in you, to stand firm, and to resist the Devil and he will flee from you (James 4:7). One of the ways that I taught this practice to my children was to tell them that nothing good happens after midnight. It amazes me how many Christians place themselves in harms way by being in the wrong places or hanging out with the wrong people. I learned early in my Christian walk that you can either sore with the eagles 🦅 or you can flock with the turkeys 🦃.

All three of these swing shots, humility, displacing anxiety, and resisting the devil are about standing on the firm foundation that is our faith in Jesus and what He did on this day over 2000 years ago. It is about living into our true self in Christ. I like the way JD put it in his prayer, “We don’t want a better version of our old life. We want the New Creation Life in fullness.” The only place to find that is in Christ.