Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 16, 2022 at 9:32 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 16, 2022

We have covered a lot of ground in this study of Peter. I think it is important to remember that Peter was the first Pope of the Holy Catholic (universal) Church that Christ is building. He was an eye witness to all that he wrote about. That carries a lot of weight and authority in my mind.

As I think back on what we have read there are several verses that really resonate with my soul:

We are to be Holy and pure as He is (1 Peter 1:13-16).

We have been reborn of imperishable seed (1 Peter 1:23-25).

We are a Chosen People, a Royal Priesthood, a Holy Nation (1 Peter 2:9-10).

Submit yourself to those in authority, “Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king” (1 Peter 2:17).

The key to Godly living is, “To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:8-9).

Keep fervent in your love of others because love covers a multitude of sins
    (1 Peter 4:7-9).

Shepherd your flock, and we all have a flock wether we recognize it or not (1 Peter 5:2).

Be of sober mind, alert and stand firm (wake up sleeper) against the Devil and he will flee from you (1 Peter 5:8-9).

Have these qualities about you: moral excellence, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love (2 Peter 1:5-9).

Scripture is not a matter for my interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21).

False teachers will arise among us, “Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned” (2 Peter 2:1-3).

In the last days there will be mockers saying where is the promise of His coming. They will distort Scripture, but know this, “the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night,” so be ready (2 Peter 3).