Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 22, 2022 at 7:17 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 22, 2022

Today’s text reinforces the reality that everything focuses on Jesus. He is the center of everything wether we recognize it or not. All of creation including us came into being through Him and for Him. That does not mean, however, that we worship Him. We were created with free will and we choose who or what we will worship. As I sit here on Panama City Beach and prepare for another day of fun in the sun and eating at all our favorite restaurants, I wonder if I am worshiping the creator or the creation (Romans 1:25). I especially wonder if I am being a worship leader for all the others around me.

JD’s assertion that “we become like what or whom we behold” haunts me. What and whom am I beholding and how can I make sure it is Jesus? How do I turn my eye upon Jesus in the midst of all this? First, I think it is ok to enjoy the beauty of creation and the pleasures of good fellowship, and good food and drink in moderation. After all He created all of it. However, I have to discipline myself to behold Him in all that I see and do, especially when am in a place like this. The best way that I have found to do this is to start my day beholding Him and worshiping Him. We never take a vacation from Jesus. He should always be the center of all we do. Lord, let it be so with me today and every day!