Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 23, 2022 at 6:51 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 23, 2022

“Is God really a Human Being” is a very weighty question. I am a firm believer in the Trinitarian nature of God. God is Jesus and Jesus is God. God is Spirit and the Spirit is God and the Same Spirit is Jesus. They exist in a Holy relationship that has no beginning or end. Perichoresis is the fancy theological term, but the Celtic Trinity Knot helps me visualize and understand the nature of the Holy Trinity better than anything else. In some ways, it is like a blind man trying to describe an elephant. It depends on which part you touch, but it is all the same being.

I am not sure where JD is going with this, but here is what I believe. God is sovereign, I am not. He humbled himself and became like a human being, so I could see how to become like Him. In that regard, Jesus was both fully human and fully God, but we are not completely like God/Jesus in our unresurrected form here on earth. We can receive the fullness of God only if our lives here on earth are hidden with Christ in God.

Where I think we struggle is trying to put God in a box of our own construction, which is idolatry. We have to surrender to God on His terms. His ways and thoughts are not ours and we only see dimly now, but when He comes again we will see Him clearly. I am not sure that any of what I am saying makes any sense, but I open to learning more.