Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 25, 2022 at 6:05 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 25, 2022

Because I am a man of many words and one book, I tend to talk a lot about the Bible, and Jesus and His Gospel, so JD’s reflections on today’s text are comforting, but still challenging. I agree, most of the people who like to misquote St. Francis either don’t want to talk about it or they view brevity as some kind of spiritual merit badge.

Having said that, the underlying principle is that actions speak louder than words. It is ok, if I preach the Word and tell people all about Jesus as long as my actions match my rhetoric. If I become like Christ, a living embodiment of the Gospel, “a supernatural love for other people.” It does involve, “our words, our deeds, our dispositions, and our overall posture and bearing toward other people.”

It is that last part, “our overall posture and bearing toward other people” that I still struggle with. I would add all people, not just people who look like you and think and act like you. Having profound love and compassion for all of humanity can be a stretch, but it is the way of the Cross. One thing that helps me is to realize that when I do show love to the unlovely, I am really showing how much I love God/Jesus. Lord, let it be so with me!