Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 26, 2022 at 6:43 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 26, 2022

These two words, in us, makes all the difference in the world. God’s presence with us is great, God in us is off the charts. It makes Jesus’ promise that I will be with you always even more powerful and is the basis for the hope and power that Christ Followers have. This gets even better in Colossians 3:11 when Paul says “Christ is all and in all,” but I will wait until we get there to comment on this.

The implications of this difference are that we can have the same power that Jesus has to heal the sick, set the captives free, to minister to the poor, and to make Disciples of all nations. It also means that we have a guide and Intercessor, the Holy Spirit, living inside us that reminds us of all that Christ taught and guides us in the way of righteousness. He also transforms us into a new creature with the mind and heart of Christ. Unfortunately, we don’t always call on the power that is in us.

In order to become more attuned to Christ living in us, we have to surrender and submit ourselves to the Holy Spirit. We have to invite and release the Holy Spirit into the hidden doors in our hearts. We have to die to self and our lives must become hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). We have to realize it is not about me. It is not a solo proposition or journey, it is all about relationships. Finally, I think it is about putting on love, which is the bond of unity (Colossians 3:14). Sorry for jumping ahead of today’s Daily Text, but I think you have to read the whole letter in order to understand the parts, and to hear the rest of the story Paul is trying to communicate.