Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 28, 2022 at 6:00 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 28, 2022

As JD knows and all of you who have read my reflections know, I share the same goals. as Seedbed. I believe Banded Discipleship is the primary pathway to becoming fully mature in Christ. Spiritual growth is not a solo journey and it does not happen in one hour of corporate worship on Sunday mornings.

I thought JD would wait for Colossians 3:11, “…Christ is all, and in all” to discuss this important point, but today’s Text expresses the same sentiment. Christ in you (ya’ll) is plural and relational. Spiritual maturity in our churches will not come until there is spiritual maturity in the pews and that will only happen when we band together in smaller groups to be “encouraged in heart and United in love.”

I believe that we need to participate in four forms of community if we truly want to grow deeper in our relationships and become a fully mature Christ Follower. The first and most intimate and most important is with God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). The second is with 3-4 brothers or sisters who will not only encourage, but who will admonish and hold us accountable. The third is what is commonly called a Home Church Group, 10-12 individuals who want to band together for fellowship, encouragement, prayer, study, and service. The fourth is a large assembly of likeminded believers gathered together, as is their custom, for corporate worship, teaching, and service to the community.

Now, I hope I have been totally transparent as to my goals for this Daily Text Reading Group. And no the Seedbed Daily Text is not a devotional. It is a movement of Banded Discipleship, spiritual maturity, and sowing for a great awakening in our homes, our churches, our communities, our country, and the World. Lord let it be so!