Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 30, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, April 30, 2022

We have been down this road before. I understand and fully support what JD is saying about self-help approaches to “being built up in Him.” Everything we do is a means to an end not an end in and of itself. Only the Holy Spirit can transform us. I get that, but as I have said many times before, you can be on the right track and still get run over if you just sit there. If I don’t get up early and sit in my Jesus chair, read, reflect, and record (my spiritual workout), I am not going to hear Jesus say come.

For me the stepping out of the boat happens when I get up out of my chair and go face the World as a minister of God’s reconciliation and an ambassador for Christ. I believe we must keep ourselves mentally, physically, and spiritually fit in order to “walk in Him.” We must be firmly rooted, established in our faith, instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. If we do this, He will build us up through Grace just as we received salvation through Him by accepting and receiving Him as the Son of God, the Messiah, our Lord and Savior.

I think what JD is saying, and it is an important point, is that you can do all these things and still not step out of the boat. You can be so spiritually fit and heavenly minded that you are of no earthly good. Stepping out of the boat and walking on water is a matter of faith in action not spiritual exercises. The deep end of the pool is a matter of being and doing and we grow spiritually through the doing (walking in Him) not the preparation. Does this make any sense to you? Are you tracking with me or am I just building myself up with spiritual activity in order for God to be with me?