Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 2, 2022 at 6:58 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 2, 2022

Today’s Text and JD’s reflections refer to a fundamental shift in our thinking and our discipleship that unlocks the potential and possibility that is already in us. He is absolutely correct “We must make a bold shift in our faith from, “Fill me with the fullness of God,” to “I am filled with the fullness of God.” I am a beloved child of God. I am a minister of His reconciliation and I am an Ambassador for Christ. That’s my new identity if I am in Christ. He likens it to a $100,000 being deposited in our bank account. It is there, we don’t have to earn it. We just need to start using it. He says, we don’t have to wait on God to do something for us, we just need to move out in faith on what God has already done.

Once again, this is where I struggle with the idea that we don’t have to do anything because it is already been done and it is finished. I strongly believe God’s part is done, it is finished and the money is in the bank, but I still have to write the check and start living into the fullness, the potential and possibility that is within me. It’s not going to just happen by osmosis. I think we do this through both being and doing. We have to become like Jesus by denying our self, picking up our cross and following Him. We have to abandon our old false self and put on our new true self. Then we have to do what Jesus did by obeying His commands and doing what He commissioned us to do.

I also believe that we can’t do this by ourselves. We need the help (relationships) of the Holy Spirit and other believers. This is where banded discipleship comes into play. Yes I am filled with the fullness of God, but I leak. I need to be constantly refilled and I need to release the fullness within me by being and doing. I welcome your push back.