Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 3, 2022 at 6:41 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 3, 2022

The acceptance of our redemption and resurrection in Christ and our surrender to the Life in Christ that is already there is the doorway to real Christianity, a life hidden in Christ with God (Colossians 3:3). I like the way JD puts it, “It requires the movement to an eternal level of living. Jesus’ invitation to us is not meant to elicit more resolve but deeper surrender”. Movement to an eternal level of living through deeper surrender, and I would add submission, is our response not trying harder to accomplish the impossible.

Choosing to surrender and submit is our last stop on our journey to enjoying a profound relationship with and love for God that manifests itself in experiencing a profound compassion and love for all of humanity and Christlike living in the World. So what does surrender and submission look like. You have to look no further than Jesus and His acts and teachings as recorded in the Gospels by eye witnesses to these events. The Sermon on the Mount is a good place to start.

The reason we don’t go there or we get stuck there is found in the steps (milestones) that lead us to the level of surrender and submission that moves us to an eternal level of living. That is a holy discontent with our false self and our religious false self (Mulholland, 2006), and experiencing a personal brokenness by God. I will leave it there for now, but I am going to spend some more time reflecting on what it means for me to be broken (circumcised) by Christ.