Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 4, 2022 at 6:36 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 4, 2022

Today is one of those days when JD’s reflections make me scratch my head. I wish I could ask him to clarify what he is saying. I think what the Text is saying and what JD is trying to explain is that my legal sin (De jure) has been settled, forgiven, erased, and nailed to the Cross. I am debt free legally. Jesus has defeated the law of sin and death, but If I continue to sin in fact (De Facto) because I am still a sinner. It is like paying “the interest on a debt that no longer exists.”

We are legally debt free, but we continue to pay on a debt that we no longer owe by continuing to sin. How foolish is that and why is that the case? Is it because “We aren’t sinners because we sin. We sin because we are sinners.” Is it because we are married to Christ De Facto, but not De Jure? Can we be a Christian and not be a Disciple (Christ Follower)? I think the answer is yes.

What can we do about this? I could be wrong, but I think we have to make the Cross an every day event. I have to confess my sins and nail them to the Cross every day in order to appropriate the forgiveness of my legal (De Jure) debt. If I do this, God will redeem and cleanse me of my De Facto sin (1 John 8-10). Now do I have you scratching your head? If so, help me out.