Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 5, 2022 at 5:21 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 5, 2022

Well I looked up Jeremiah 29:13 and it says, “You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” I also remembered Jeremiah 6:16, “Thus says the Lord, “Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.” I can definitely relate to the “notion of form without power, ritual without reality, and motion without movement.” I have witnessed it and lived it for the past two decades in the United Methodist Church. I have also experienced it in myself and other people.

It is time for us to wake up to this sad reality and do something about it. It is time for us as individuals and collectively as a community of faith to seek and search for God with all our heart. It is time for us to stand in the ways and walk in the ancient paths found in Christ. It is time for a movement not motions. It is time for a new movement based of the one Way (Christ) and the ancient paths.

How do we do this? It has to begin with us as individuals. We have to humble ourselves, pray and seek a loving union with God with a broken and contrite heart. We have to have radical trust in God not the machinations of man. We have to return to foundations of our Christian Faith, Scriptural Holiness, Doctrinal Integrity, and the mission of God and the commission of Christ. Collectively we have to sweep the leaven (false teaching) out of our congregations and our denominations. We have to love one another in Grace and Truth “being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:3). Lord let it be so with me and with us!