Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 7, 2022 at 6:24 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 7, 2022

I would say that for the most part I am a rule follower. That is the way I was raised and socialized by the World, especially my attendance at a Military College and my service in the Army. I believe the Scriptures teach us to that we should obey the laws of those in authority over us (Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1, 1 Peter 2:13). I don’t look down on rule breakers, but I don’t understand why they are surprised when they suffer the consequences of living outside the law of the land or the laws of the laws of God.

When I “accepted” Christ and began my spiritual journey of dying and being resurrected with Christ as a new person, I surrendered my life and began submitting to a higher authority, the Ruler of the universe. Merely submitting to the rules, wether they be from the governing authorities, church leaders, or self rule became insufficient. My heart needed to be changed. My doing is now ruled by the Ruler and my steps are ordered in accordance with His Ways, His Will, and His Word. I am not perfect and I still stray from time to time, and I suffer the consequences, but I know the way back to the Ruler.

I believe that the reason rule breakers and rule followers as Baptized Christians do not follow the Ruler beyond their salvation is that they don’t have any Holy discontent with the way they are and they have not been broken by God. They have no sense of urgency to be changed. They know the Ruler as Savior, but not as Lord. No one has challenged them to be transformed and to be made Holy as God is Holy. No one has challenged them to personally practice the spiritual disciplines and to release the Holy Spirit (the power) that is within them. And no one has held the accountable. This is where banded discipleship becomes important for the deeper journey.