Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 8, 2022 at 6:18 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 8, 2022

First, Happy Mother’s Day everyone. Motherhood is a divine appointment. All humanity was knit together by God in a mother’s womb.

“The life hid with Christ in God is not about amping up our activity but deepening our receptivity” is a repeating meta theme for JD. I agree with him in part. If you have allowed you devotion and focus on Christ to become nothing but a feel good inspirational morning devotion. If your mind and heart is not set on things above, then you need to reevaluate. If you are just going through the motions and there is no receptivity and movement then you need to make some changes, you need to move into a deeper encounter and relationship with God (Christ).

I believe a daily quiet time (morning devotion) is absolutely essential to a life hidden with Christ in God. It is a pregame warmup and a mental, physical, and spiritual reorientation to the things of God and His purposes for your life, but this has to be more than reading a morning devotion. It has to become a spiritual discipline that sets the rhythm for the day and your actions (doing).

My spiritual rhythm involves reading. It may be a devotion written by someone else, but I prefer to read scripture or something that is expository and strongly based on scripture like the Seedbed Daily Text. Then I reflect (pray) about what this revealing to me about God (things above) and how I am going to respond. Then I record (write it down) what I am thinking and what I am going to do. So I believe our devotion to God is both receptivity and activity. It is a matter of both being and doing, that is one of my meta themes in case you have not noticed.