Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 9, 2022 at 6:19 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 9, 2022

Colossians 3:3 is definitely a life application verse for me. Even though I have not written it on my mirror yet, it is on my mind and buried in my heart. The secret to a life in Christ is to die to your old false self and to be resurrected with Christ (Baptized) and to put on your new self. I would add that this is also the secret to actually dying well when that day comes.

I remember my Baptism well and I have consecrated it in the Jordan River. My struggle is not with my Baptism or my funeral, it is with the burial. I keep digging up my old self and every time I do this it smells worse. I long for the day when I will stop digging. I long for the day when the Christ in me is revealed and my true self is “revealed with Him in Glory” (verse 4).

Paul will address what we need to do to bury our old false self in the verses that follow today’s text. Remember a meta theme for me is that spiritual maturity is a matter of both being and doing. There are principles and practices that will nurture our new life in Christ; that open us to the transforming power of the Holy Spirit to bury our old false self for good, so that we may live and die well. Lord let it be so with me!