Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 11, 2022 at 5:55 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 11, 2022

As I meditate on yesterday’s and today’s text and Paul’s admonition to “put to death my earthly nature and to rid myself of the life I once lived,” I realize that I am still not there. I still have anger issues and yes “the crazy thing about anger is you aren’t really angry about what you are angry about.” I still have issues of self-control. I am still walking that last mile of putting to death my former nature and putting on my new nature. I know I have already been given my new nature and that I am a new creature in Christ. I just haven’t fully abandoned or rid myself of my old self, my false self.

So what’s it going to take for me to finish that last mile, to walk my old nature to the death chamber. JD’s rhyme describes the process well, but his last statement is what grabbed my attention. It……(you fill in the blank) doesn’t have me anymore. It no longer defines me. What defines me is my relationship with God and others. Instead of behavior management or feeling shame and guilt when I sin, I confess it and draw closer to God and others. I focus on my loving relationship with Him and others, especially those that are walking that final mile with me. If you don’t have this kind of relationship with God and others that’s what you need for the final mile not more self-referenced effort. I will be glad to help you form these relationships, just let me know.