Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 13, 2022 at 6:21 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 13, 2022

I would suggest that there is no distinctions or differences in Jesus, we are all one in Christ. Our text in the NASB says, “a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.” In Galatians 3:28, Paul takes it even further, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” The playing field at the foot of the Cross is level and there is no partiality with God (Romans 2:11). This in my view, is the answer to all the things that divide us: race, sex, class, ideology, theology, and the list goes on.

I think it is important to note that Paul is talking about the Kingdom of God not the World. The World is a “diabolically broken” place in which there are many distinctions and differences, injustices and partiality. The only people in the Kingdom of God are those who are in Christ and have been born again (John 3:1-5). The renewal he is talking about is those who “have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him” (Colossians 3:10).

However, since “Christ is all and is in all,” all people are my neighbors; they are my brothers and sisters in Christ; and I am to love them as myself despite their differences and distinctions. That is the big takeaway from today’s Text for me.

As far as why Christ Followers don’t want to start and end with Christ, I wish I knew. There should not be differences, distinctions, dissensions, denominations or factions in the Body of Christ, but there are. I believe people of good faith can and will differ. The only answer in my view is Grace and separation. Lord forgive us!