Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 14, 2022 at 6:39 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 14, 2022

I have always thought of today’s text as describing the qualities of our new, true self, that we are to clothe ourselves with or put on as we take off and put to death the qualities of our old, false self. The corporate or community notion of this works for me, but it must first happen at the individual level and that begins with the leaders of the community. A team, a community, a church will not rise above the level of its leadership and sometimes the leaders are not those in positional leadership.

The metaphor of “football pads” also works for me. It reminds me of putting on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:11). I also like the idea that we clothe ourselves as individuals and as a team with these qualities not sit on the bench, but to “play the game.” To go out every day to win the World for Christ. I have been in that type of transformative community (Kingdom Church) one time in my nearly fifty years of being in the Body of Christ, but unfortunately it is rare in today’s modern church.