Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 15, 2022 at 6:36 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 15, 2022

The NASB uses “these things” to refer to the qualities of Christ Followers, our renewed self, that we discussed yesterday. I agree with JD that morality is a “low bar.” It is really behavior that is expected and assumed for those in Christ. Profound love of God and all of humanity is the higher standard and goal. I agree that most Christians live just above or below the moral bar. I also agree that Holiness (Holy Love) is different from the virtue versus vice behavioral approach. It is about death and resurrection.

The question for me becomes, what does death and resurrection involve. JD says, “It’s not about aspiring to better behavior but becoming abandoned to Jesus.” So what does becoming abandoned to Jesus mean and how do we accomplish this state of being. I think above all it means becoming conformed to the mind of Christ. So, how do we accomplish that? We don’t, that is the work of the Holy Spirit, but we have to release the Holy Spirit to do the work of transformation in us. We have to open the doors of our heart through the personal practice of the spiritual disciplines and by banding together others on the same deeper journey.