Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 18, 2022 at 6:03 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 18, 2022

Method acting is a great way to describe what it means to have your life (my character) hidden with Christ (his character) in God. Today’s Text finishes the notion by saying that everything we do should be done in his name. This means there is no compartmentalization or dualism in our life in Christ. There is no secular and divine, it is all divine. We are to be in Christ (in character) 24/7 and everything we do flows out of that intimate oneness.

I am not there yet, but I am definitely getting closer and it is because I have developed a daily spiritual rhythm for my life that keeps me “seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. And setting my mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth” (Colossians 3:1-2). I actually have four types of community that help me stay in character. I have a godly wife who is my closest counselor other than the Holy Spirit. I have a band of brothers who are closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24) that both encourage and challenge me in this regard. In addition to these, I have a Home Church Group (Class Meeting for the Methodist in this group), and I have a larger assembly, my local community of faith or church. If you don’t have all four of these community relationships in your life, you will definitely have a harder time staying in Christ/Character.