Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 20, 2022 at 6:01 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 20, 2022

Ok, so he did not skip submission. You just have to back up one Daily Text reading. I think this may be the best articulation of what it means to “submit to one another out of reverence for Christ” (Ephesians 5:21) that I have ever read. I can’t really add anything to what JD has said. When we become one with each other in Christ there are no more worldly power paradigms. Nor is there any struggle for equal rights or equity. The way of the Cross is a level playing field. This Kingdom theology is better than any human or worldly ideology. This is the good news of the Gospel.

I believe the reason we resist it is that we fear loosing control and that’s what it is really all about. Loosing control is true freedom and equality with Christ in God. We must humble ourselves and have the same attitude that Christ had and that is hard for us to do in our natural state (false self). Therefore, as we have discussed many times before, we must crucify our old false self and be resurrected with Christ in our new, true self, our Christ self. Then submission to one another as is fitting in the Lord becomes the new norm and very natural.