Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 22, 2022 at 4:51 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 22, 2022

I am very familiar with the domino effect or as it is known in change and systems theory, the butterfly effect. Whereby small changes can lead to large-scale and unpredictable changes in the future state of the system. The reason this important for Christ Followers to understand is that what one person does as a minister of God’s reconciliation and an ambassador for Christ matters and it can have a huge impact on others and the world around you. It also means that small changes in what we do to draw closer to God and to become more like Christ for the sake of others can make a big difference.

Prayer is a prime example. I would rate my prayer life as a six or seven at best. I am not devoted to prayer in the way that today’s text and JD’s commentary suggests I should be. One thing I have done recently is to start practicing the “office of prayer,” a set time each day to pray. There are actually seven of these times in a Catholic “liturgy of hours.” I only use one. I set the alarm on my phone for 12:19pm each day to remind me to stop what I am doing and pray for my family, my church, my community, my country, and the World. When I do this it helps me center myself on Christ and the power of prayer and it impacts others that may be with me at the time. A small change in my daily rhythm that can make a big difference in my life and the life of others. Lord let it be so!