Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 25, 2022 at 6:01 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 25, 2022

I have never really thought about being famous for the Gospel or even seeking Gospel acclaim. What I have had to lay down (crucify) is the need to be recognized for what I do for the Kingdom. When I have labored hard to prepare a lesson or a message and no one really responds, I begin to wonder if all my labors are just vanity and striving after the wind (Ecclesiastes 4:4). I have to remind myself that all my labors are done as for the Lord rather than for men, and it is from the Lord that I will receive my recognition and reward. It is the Lord Jesus Christ that I serve not men (Colossians 3:23-24).

The people “of Gospel Acclaim” that I know are the ones that have reached a level of spiritual maturity whereby they know that it is not about them. It is about Him, what He has done on the Cross of Calvary, and His mission and commission for us on earth. They don’t care and they are not motivated by fame or recognition. They care about Jesus and others. They have humbled themselves as bond servants and their lives are truly hidden in Christ and focused on things above that are not of this World. Lord do to me whatever you need to do, to make me this kind of person.

I often end my daily time of reading, reflecting, and recording with the Lord with this Covenant Prayer in the Wesleyan Tradition: “I am no longer my own, but thine. Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt. Put me to doing, put me to suffering. Let me be employed by thee or laid aside for thee, exalted for thee or brought low for thee. Let me be full, let me be empty. Let me have all things, let me have nothing. I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal. And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it.
    And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.”