Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

May 26, 2022 at 5:49 am

The Seedbed Daily Text, May 26, 2022

I have not encountered nor have I been a Aristarchus or Epaphras as described by JD to anyone outside my family and a very select number of friends. This text reminds me of how sheltered and insulated I have been from the type of persecution and circumstances that Paul and his friends faced. My life has largely been one of privilege and freedom from intractable problems that could not be fixed. I feel that my faith has not really been tested and that I really have not invested in others to the extent that I should.

I am not sure what to do about this. I don’t think self flagellation is the answer. I am where I am and things are what they are. Much of my good fortune is a result of having loving parents, getting a good education, working hard, avoiding addiction, having a Godly wife, being faithful in marriage, developing a biblical worldview, and building a relationship with Christ that has resulted, for the most part, in Christ like living. I live within God’s boundaries and He has rewarded me with His favor.

A growth area and challenge for me is to invest more deeply in the lives of my family and friends. To be more intentional about staying in touch, sharing my blessings with them, and being there for them. However, I believe there are boundaries to this and that you can create codependencies and loose your life in doing this, but then I say, isn’t that the point.

I have struggled and wrestled with my response to today’s text and JD’s commentary. I feel like I have rambled. What are your thoughts?